Alternatively, you may just want to escape once in a while to enjoy the peace, tranquillity and serenity of your own woodland hideaway.
Legal, Some key factors to consider
- In accordance with British Law, owners are not allowed to build any permanent structures on their plot.
- Overnight stays are restricted to 28 nights per year, although owners can use their asset 365 days a year.
- Owning woodlands has significant inheritance tax benefits.
- Owners can take firewood and a limited amount of timber from their plot.
- We recommend that you take independent legal advice when considering purchasing a Wood.
- You will own your land. It will be your asset and will always have value.
- The British Government has announced proposed changes in the law which will allow greater use of woodland and green belt land. If these changes come into effect, woodland value may significantly increase.
- Inheritance tax benefits.
As the owner of a woodland, you are legally allowed to camp for up to 28 nights per year. This would allow you to stay on your land for the duration of your main summer holiday if you wanted and still have lots of weekend breaks away.
As the owner, you, of course, would be allowed to spend as many days as you wanted on your land.
Here's how to get in touch:
Woodland Bond Ltd